Synchronize and manage conversations with UserVoice.
In this documentation,
[[APP_ID]]has been put in place of your Apptentive App ID, of which each app has one. This can be found in the URL of each Apptentive app:
4eec2417687b69000100is the App ID. For example:
https://notify.apptentive.com/apps/[[APP_ID]]/integrations/user_voicewould translate to
The Apptentive UserVoice Integration automatically opens tickets in UserVoice and keeps them in sync when your customers provide feedback in app. When you reply via UserVoice, the feedback is automatically routed back to the customer and displayed within your app in Message Center.
Because Apptentive provides a single conversation for a given customer, only one active ticket in UserVoice will receive the messages a customer sends via Message Center. If there is currently no active ticket in UserVoice for the customer, a new one will be created.
To get started, you’ll need to add a few settings to UserVoice:
- On UserVoice, go to “Settings,” “Integrations,” and then “Service hooks,” and select “Web Hook”
- Set “Service Hook Name” to “Apptentive”
- Set “URL” to
- Set “Content Type” to “JSON”
- Check “New Ticket,” “New Ticket Reply,” and “New Ticket Admin Reply”
- Click “Create” to save the settings.
- Follow UserVoice’s documentation to create an API client for Apptentive. Make sure to mark the client as “Trusted.”
Once this is complete, enter your API Key and API Secret from above into the form located on the Apptentive dashboard under Settings –> Integrations, along with the subdomain you use to access UserVoice. For additional security, enter your UserVoice SSO key.