All of our client code is open source and available on GitHub.
We recommend integrating Apptentive using CocoaPods or Carthage. However you can also integrate Apptentive as a subproject of your app’s project if you prefer not to use a package manager.
Download Source Code
You can clone our iOS SDK using git:
git clone https://github.com/apptentive/apptentive-ios.git. You can also download source code from our releases page.
Add Apptentive as Xcode Subproject
Once you have downloaded the repository, add it as a subproject to your Xcode project or workspace. Drag the
Apptentive.xcodeproj project file (located in the
Apptentive folder of our source code) into your Xcode project.
Add Linker Flag
- Select your Xcode project in the file navigator sidebar.
- Select your project in the sidebar and switch to the “Build Settings” tab.
- Search for the “Other Linker Flags” setting.
- Double click the
Other Linker Flagsrow’s value area, on the right side. A pop-up should appear.
- Add the
ObjClinker flag by pressing the “+” button:
Add Apptentive Framework
- Return to your Target’s “Build Phases” tab.
- Expand the “Target Dependencies” build phase.
Apptentive.frameworkas a target dependency.
- Switch to your Target’s “General” tab.
- In the “Embedded Binaries” section, add
Begin using Apptentive
Follow the steps here to begin using Apptentive.